INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2-3):
- 5-6 beans, diced,
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced,
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets,
- 1 small onion, finely chopped,
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped,
- 3-4 tsp of flour,
- 300 grams of chicken, boiled and de-boned,
- 1 large cup of chicken stock,
- ½ cup cold milk
- 10-12 peppercorns, freshly crushed,
- Salt to taste,
- A pinch of paprika or a tsp of red chili flakes,
- 2-3 tsp of olive oil,
- Handful of coriander or dill to garnish
- Start by boiling the chicken in 1 and half cup of water with salt and pepper until just half cooked. Drain and reserve the liquid for stock and debone the chicken and keep aside.
- Sauté the diced carrots, beans and cauliflower florets in olive oil for about a minute on high flame. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and toss the finely chopped garlic, followed by the chopped onions. Stir fry well until lightly fragrant.
- Add flour and lightly fry it, before adding milk to it.
- Stir continuously while adding milk as it will prevent the formation of flour lumps. Once the texture has come to a fine paste, pour the chicken stock slowly. Allow it to boil.
- Next, toss in the de-boned chicken pieces, followed by salt, pepper and chili flakes into it. Let it simmer for some time.
- At last, simply add the sautéed vegetables and turn off the heat. Serve with a generous sprinkling of fresh coriander or dill leaves
HOT MOCHA DREAM
Makes 2 cups (2 servings)
– 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee, regular or decaffeinated
– 1 tablespoon sugar-free cocoa mix
– 1/2 cinnamon stick
– 1 cup hot water
– 1 cup fat-free milk
– 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup light whipped cream or light whipped topping
- In a small pot, combine the coffee, cocoa mix, cinnamon stick, and 1/4 cup of the hot water. Bring to boil; cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining hot water and the milk.
- Reheat to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Divide the hot mocha between 2 cups. Top each with 2 tablespoons light whipped cream or light whipped topping.
HOT DRIED BEEF SPREAD
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. milk
1 (2 & 1/2 oz.) jar dried beef-cut fine
2 Tbsp. finely chopped green pepper
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Soften cream cheese and blend with milk. Add other ingredients
to cheese mixture, except the nuts.
Put into a greased dish. Spread 1/4 cup chopped nuts over the top.
Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Serve hot with crackers.