1 Chicken cleaned and cut
1 kg Minced Mutton
2 cups Clarified Butter (Ghee)
4 big sized Onion (Pyaj) minced
1/4 kg Curd (Dahi)
1/2 kg Rice
1/2 tsp Saffron (Kesar)
Few Sliced and fried Almond (Badam)
4 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
1 ” long piece Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
10 Cloves (Lavang)
18 Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
3 pods Garlic (Lasun)
1 ” long piece Ginger (Adrak)
1 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
2 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder (Dhania Powder)
1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera)
1/4 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
How to make mughlai chicken pulao:
- First grind garlic, ginger, chiili powder, coriander, turmeric and cumin powder to a fine paste.
- Now heat 4 tblsp of ghee and fry 2 onions till brown.
- Add half the whole spices and then add chicken and mince meat and let it brown.
- Add ground spices and fry for a few minutes along with chicken and mince.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, cover and cook till chicken is tender.
- Beat the curd with saffron and add to chicken.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Now heat the remaining ghee and fry bay leaves and remaining whole spices.
- Add onions and brown them well.
- Add rice and fry till brown.
- Add enough water to cook rice and also 1 tsp of salt.
- Spread a layer of rice on a flat serving dish and then another layer of meat.
- Repeat with one more layer of each.
- Garnish with almonds.
- • 750 gms chicken cut in pieces
• 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 300 gm Ghee
- • 2 Medium Sized Onions (grated)
• 3 Lightly beaten Eggs
• 4 tsp Sugar
• 6 tsp Ground almonds
• 1-1/2 inch Ginger (grated)
• 9 Garlic cloves
• 6 Green cardamoms
• Flaked almonds for garnishing
• Salt to taste
• 5-6 tbsp Thickened Cream (whisked)
• Heat the ghee in a large cooking pan.
• Fry the onions with the salt until it turns light brown.
• Pour the ginger, garlic, cardamoms, and cinnamon sticks into the pan.
• Fry until the onions are golden brown.
• Add the chunks of chicken and cook it. Stir it for about 15 minutes.
• In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the eggs, sugar, ground almonds and cream.
• Lower the heat. Pour the egg and cream mixture into the cooking pan.
• Simmer for 10 minutes till the chicken is cooked and tender.
• Garnish with flaked almonds and serve. Serve hot.
- 1 pound Chicken
- 1 Bay leaf
- ¼ cup fried Onions
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chicken Tandoori Masala (available in Indian Grocery Store)
- 1 tsp Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 2 tbsp Malai (or heavy cream)
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 boiled Egg to garnish
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil and ½ tsp salt. Marinate the chicken in this yogurt mix for at least an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large, wide pan or a large, deep frying pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium flame. When hot, stir in only chicken pieces, without its marinade, and sear it for 3-4 minutes. Add marinade, chicken tandoori masala, crushed fried onions, crushed Kasuri Methi and maida, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add ½ cup milk. Cover and simmer on low heat until the chicken is fork tender.
- Add dried crushed fenugreek leaves, and simmer on low heat for another 3-4 minutes or until the oil separates from the gravy. Taste and adjust the salt in gravy.
- Now churn the malai and add to the curry. Mix it well.
- Garnish with fried onions, butter and boiled egg.
- Serve with Roti or hot white Rice
- 2 lb chicken
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 medium onions sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Put the chopped onions, ginger and garlic into the container of a food processor or blender. Blend until you have a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium flame. When hot, put in the sliced onions. Stir and fry the onions until they are a deep, reddish-brown color. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon, squeezing out and leaving behind as much of the oil as possible. Put the onions in a plate and set aside.
- After removing the fried onions add blended paste in the pan. Stir and fry the paste until it is brown. Now add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chili powder and chopped tomato. Put in 2 tbsp of the water, stir for about 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes become pulpy and sauce is formed.
- Put in the chicken pieces and stir them around for a minute.
- Pour in 2 cups of water and salt. Stir to mix and bring to a simmer. Cover, turn heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is close to tenderness.
- Sprinkle in the garam masala and the fried onions. Mix, cook uncovered on medium heat for 7-8 minutes or untl the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Serve with hot Tandoori roti or Nan and Salad.