INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2-3):
- 5-6 beans, diced,
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced,
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets,
- 1 small onion, finely chopped,
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped,
- 3-4 tsp of flour,
- 300 grams of chicken, boiled and de-boned,
- 1 large cup of chicken stock,
- ½ cup cold milk
- 10-12 peppercorns, freshly crushed,
- Salt to taste,
- A pinch of paprika or a tsp of red chili flakes,
- 2-3 tsp of olive oil,
- Handful of coriander or dill to garnish
- Start by boiling the chicken in 1 and half cup of water with salt and pepper until just half cooked. Drain and reserve the liquid for stock and debone the chicken and keep aside.
- Sauté the diced carrots, beans and cauliflower florets in olive oil for about a minute on high flame. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and toss the finely chopped garlic, followed by the chopped onions. Stir fry well until lightly fragrant.
- Add flour and lightly fry it, before adding milk to it.
- Stir continuously while adding milk as it will prevent the formation of flour lumps. Once the texture has come to a fine paste, pour the chicken stock slowly. Allow it to boil.
- Next, toss in the de-boned chicken pieces, followed by salt, pepper and chili flakes into it. Let it simmer for some time.
- At last, simply add the sautéed vegetables and turn off the heat. Serve with a generous sprinkling of fresh coriander or dill leaves