HOT MOCHA DREAM
Makes 2 cups (2 servings)
– 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee, regular or decaffeinated
– 1 tablespoon sugar-free cocoa mix
– 1/2 cinnamon stick
– 1 cup hot water
– 1 cup fat-free milk
– 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup light whipped cream or light whipped topping
- In a small pot, combine the coffee, cocoa mix, cinnamon stick, and 1/4 cup of the hot water. Bring to boil; cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining hot water and the milk.
- Reheat to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Divide the hot mocha between 2 cups. Top each with 2 tablespoons light whipped cream or light whipped topping.
HOT DRIED BEEF SPREAD
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. milk
1 (2 & 1/2 oz.) jar dried beef-cut fine
2 Tbsp. finely chopped green pepper
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Soften cream cheese and blend with milk. Add other ingredients
to cheese mixture, except the nuts.
Put into a greased dish. Spread 1/4 cup chopped nuts over the top.
Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Serve hot with crackers.
4 to 6 unpeeled cucumbers, coarsely ground (3 1/2 cups)
6 med. carrots, coarsely ground (1 1/2 cups)
2 med. onions, coarsely ground (1 cup)
2 tbsp. salt
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. celery seed
1 1/2 tsp. mustard seed
Combine ground vegetables and salt. Let stand 3 hours; drain. In 8 to 10-quart kettle or Dutch oven combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed and mustard seed; bring to boiling.
Add vegetables. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Ladle mixture into hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Adjust lids.
Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Makes 5 half-pints.
FLANK STEAK MARINADE
(Prepares 1 flank steak – about 1 – 1 1/2 pounds)
3/4 c olive or vegetable oil
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c honey
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 TBS green onion – finely chopped
1 large garlic clove – minced
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
Usually all marinade & flank steak (1 piece) will fit in a 1-quart jar (Kerr wide mouth). Marinate for 24-36 hours, keep chilled, shake occasionally. Barbecue or broil, flipping & using marinade as a baste, until flank steak is done. Cut against the grain.
Serves 2-6 depending upon how hungry you are. Enjoy!!
Note: If you have fresh ginger it is even better.